The Copiah County Economic Development District (CCEDD) exists by order and resolution of the Board of Supervisors of Copiah County, Mississippi. The objective of the CCEDD is to promote the civic, economic, and social welfare of the people of Copiah County.To accomplish this objective, emphasis is placed on providing good jobs for county residents. From start-up to the largest expansion, local and state authorities work together to provide opportunities to new and expanding industry.The Copiah County Industrial Park at Gallman, Mississippi, offers:
- Land: 465 acres prepared, with 300-plus acres available for growth
- Infrastructure: Electricity, gas, water and sewer services are already in
- Transportation: Adjacent to Interstate 55 and U.S. Highway 51 (only 30 miles from Interstate 20); Canadian National/Illinois Central (on site); six miles from county airport, 35 miles from Jackson International Airport
and 140 miles from New Orleans International Airport; 50 miles from Port of Natchez on Mississippi River and 140 miles from Gulfport, Mississippi’s deep water port on Gulf of Mexico.
In addition to property, attractive incentives, tax advantages and financing programs, Copiah Countys’ workforce offers access to both skilled and trainable workers. Copiah-Lincoln Community College (CoLin), working in conjunction with the State of Mississippi, offers programs and services to recruit and prepare a workforce customized to an industry’s specific needs.
With the county only 30 minutes from the state capital of Jackson, Mississippi,
residents enjoy the benefit of a rural community and the cultural diversity
of a metropolitan area.
For a complete list of our local Patrons, click HERE.
Our Statewide Economic Development Partners include:
- The Mississippi Development Authority
- The Greater Jackson Alliance
- The Central Mississippi Planning and Development District
- The Electric Power Association of Mississippi